- The success of organizing a concert will depend on the success in generating good funding.
- Generation of funding is possible when a concert is promised to be a good concert.
- The goodness-promise is required to get established through effective communication between the musicians, the organizer, the sponsors and the music lovers [ticket buyers].
- Effective communication is possible through intensive and extensive promotion.
- Promotion requires to be strongly backed with uniquely good musical promises.
|1.||Band payment [sitar + tabla]||$5000|
|2.||Food and lodging [Two days, two persons]||$1500|
|3.||Auditorium + additional [mic, light, stage decoration]||$2000|
|4.||Promotion + Publicity||$3000|
|5.||Artists’ Travels [will be as per actuals]||$3000|
Note: Promotion and Publicity should receive more fund allocation for good successes. It should be 50% to 70% of the total budget.
Goal: To generate good profit margin after completing the expenses.
Funding sources: Corporate funding, Tickets, and Service Sponsors. In some cases, donations.
When a concert is arranged in a 700 capacity auditorium and the average ticket price is $12, then the fund generation goal may be:
- Create a presentation to get funding supports from corporates and from service sponsors.
- The offer is the good music. Write a few lines of why this music is good. Introduce the musician and the music.
- The offer is community support. Write why this music is important and necessary for the goodwill of the community.
- What promotional mileage the company/sponsors will receive.
- Mention in Billboard promotion
- Mention in Press announcements
- During concert on LCD and through announcements.
- Offer free seats.
- Offer a dinner with the musicians for the high funding sponsors.
Publicity and Promotion
Goal: CONCERT MUST GO FULL HOUSE
- Billboards – say, 10 around the city.
- TV and Radio [general promotion, discussions on the concert plans, music clips 29 secs.]
- Newspaper articles on concert, about the music. Start this before 3 months. Use photographs. Use the musician to be invited, write about them, and why their music is interesting.
- Create a listeners’ database.
- For ticketed concerts
- Call them. One month before the concert. SMS the ticket availability.
- For ticketed concerts
- Invite a popular personality to introduce the concert.
- Invite Radio, TV and Newspapers to come to the concert and make report.
- Try to put the concert in local news.
- Very attractive stage design with platform for the musician.
- LCD screen on one or both sides of the stage. This is for Sponsors’ promotion and direct video transmission of the concert.
- Good lights.
- Good amplification [I shall give you the tech rider]
- Good anchoring persons, some popular personality.